Monday, February 19, 2007

Almost at Beta

The new casual game is just about at Beta.

The majority of graphics are done, almost all sound effects are complete and I'm organizing music right now. The gameplay is at a stage where it works but needs tuning - some sections more than others - but as a whole it feels good.

I've registered the domain name for the game and am about to send it out to people for some major game testing.

Visually the game is very minimalist but suits the game style down to the ground.

One thing I was looking at doing for the game was to implement a procedural music system. I developed a very crude prototype, which worked, but decided to use more traditional linear music in the end. This suits the style of the game much better.

Expect more news when I hit Beta!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear John!

My name is Daniel, i represent game developer studio (we produce casual games) from Russia. I have some questions about local Australian industry specific.

Please send a note to ad@gameover-games.com if you have some time.