Thursday, April 24, 2008

Alien Carnage Surprise

I was visiting a neighbor today and got a pleasant surprise. Their young son was playing a game on the family PC and wanted to show it to me (he knows I make games for a living) - and lo and behold it was Alien Carnage - one of my old games!

I asked him if he knew who made it and he said Apogee. He had no idea that it was one of my games.

It's so cool to know that even today with the DS, Wii, PS3, 360, etc. kids are still playing classic PC games - especially games that I helped create!

And in a related coincidence, just this month I've received 3 different emails from people about some of my old games - including one person who was so inspired as a kid by The Chronicles of Jaruu Tenk that he entered the field of game programming and design.

Pretty cool stuff!

www.passfieldgames.com

No comments: